cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quickstart Delivery Date

jmanscoe
Tuning in

I was originally given the 20/08/2022 as the date my package would arrive (ordered on 17/08/2022). Later that evening i got an email saying that actually 20/08 wont work and its been delayed to the 12/09 which is far too late, I would have chose another provider if this was clear when I was signing up. As the previous homeowners were virgin customers, all the fibres are already connected to the house so there shouldn't be any major works needed for installation. I've called customer services to try and change the delivery date. My partner (NHS mental health practitioner) needs the wifi activated ASAP as she's working from home regularly, and to my surprise they confirmed it is, in fact, due to arrive on 20/08. However, my account online still says my contract now starts on the 12/09.

I have no actual confirmation email suggesting it will come on the 20th, just verbal confirmation which isn't very satisfying. I don't want to wait in all day tomorrow if the package actually isn't going to arrive. The only written confirmation i have says 12/09 and if that's the case i'll be looking to cancel and change providers.

I'd just like someone to confirm in writing what the situation is as it's very frustrating to start out with virgin in this manner.

4 REPLIES 4

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi jmanscoe,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear your install date was changed without any further information advising why this was done.

I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and I can see you have spoken to us, have you now received your equipment?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul,

Unfortunately that was just the tip of the iceberg. The kit arrived on saturday after i called up and discovered my original delivery slot was still available, although no one could confirm anything for me in writing, it did still arrive. Plugged the kit up and it won't pick up a signal, stays on the green flashing light. I called up for support on Saturday, Monday Tuesday and Thursday this week and every time I've either been hung up on, transfered around to multiple departments where i have to explain myself again only to be provided with the same 'solutions' that haven't worked as of yet, with everyone saying at least once: 'it looks like it's been set up correctly and is ready to go from our side, have you tried pluggin the cables in tightly'...

It was only on thursday that one of your colleagues told me I wasn't getting the wifi as the previous owners of my new house booked their service to end on the 11th of september- hence the original delay in this post to the 12th (our purchase of the house was completed on the 17th of august). How no one I spoke to managed to pick up on this in the first 3/4 hours of me calling up i can't understand. Looks like it wasn't ready to go from your end.

On thursday i was told that virgin has contacted the previous owner of the house and asked if they can close the account 'early'. Why they couldn't just close it i dont know as that person doesn't live in, or own this house anymore, i do! So why would they need a Wifi account here. Rightfully so, they accepted and i was told by the person i spoke to on Thursday that he would close the old account on friday and call me to set my wifi up but surprise surprise, just when i was feeling hopeful, no one called me and my wifi still doesn't work.

I move in this monday and I'm trying again to call today. If nothing is done for me today i will be cancelling my contract and going to BT who have just installed fibres on my street. I am absolutely stunned about how poor your customer service system is set up and how unhelpful 99% of the people i have spoke to have been. I've tried so hard to set this account up but clearly you are not interested in new customers.

Adding a footnote to this page. I tried to call 5 times today, I was 'transferred' to a dead line that eventually just hung up on me 4 times. The first 3 calls were spent trying to understand whether anyone had carried out the actions they said they would during the week, my account still has not been activated, and the previous owner of an account at this address account was still active. Not sure why i was surprised but this obviously means no one did the work they said they would do last week.

I spent the last 2 calls trying to cancel and unsurprisingly your phone system meant that i couldn't even cancel as the pre installation team had finished for the day by the time i'd got this far.

I have cancelled my direct debit and will be calling daily from now on to try and cancel my contract as Virgin has proved they don't deserve a penny from me, thank lord BT have just installed fibres on my road.

Hi there @jmanscoe, thanks for reaching out to us.

Firstly I would like to apologise for the poor journey and communication you have had with us since signing up. It shouldn't have got to this level.
The reason why we can't close down an account although no one is living there - is due to the fact that it requires account holder authorisation, without that our hands are tied.
However I can see as you have mentioned that it was amended but still the issue still remained - it should have been escalated to IT to force through the connection, but I am not sure as to why the procedure wasn't followed up.
Since then I can see that you have requested to leave and this has been granted, I do apologise for the poor journey you've experienced and maybe one day hope to see you again.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs