cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quickstart - 2 internal boxes - are any of them ok to connect to?

playerofgames
Tuning in

I have one brown 'Diamond Cable' box outside with two black wires from the garden heading in to it and two out, one leading up the building into the first floor and the other going directly in to ground floor beside this outside box. 

On the inside there are two internal cable connections, one apparently from each wire. These both appear to have 5-1000Mhz splitters and the upstairs one also says it's an isolator. Does this mean there is no isolator on the downstairs line in? Downstairs

IMG_20220723_132909.jpg

Upstairs:

IMG_20220723_133002.jpg

In the case of the upstairs one there is one length of coax on the TV side that stretches across the room through the wall and into the room at the rear of the house. There are no other obvious splitters or isolators that I can see (without taking the cover plate off the outside Diamond cable box, which I couldn't immediately see how to do easily). I know in the place I've moved from there was a better a single 'galvanic isolator 5-1700MHz, in line within the inner box and that's all the mode was connected to. The length of supplied coax in the quickstart kick is a bit stingy and my concern is the ancient looking internals of the current boxes might not be good for high speed or reliable network?

Any/all advice appreciated. My first thought was, upstairs or downstairs? Which was what led me to take off the front covers. 

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

We need to know what equipment you are getting and where it is going to go. We can then say what is best. As to the outside box, most of them are held shut by a cable tie at the bottom although I don’t know that particular make of box.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

I've received a hub 3 in the quickstart kit. Broadband and phone service. I know the phone just connects to the router, if indeed we ever use it. The downstairs box is further away from a power point than the quickstart cable length or will just reach. Upstairs is a bit of a stretch. I may get TV service in the future or upgrade to 1gig, but currently m350.

Hey playerofgames, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome the community. I am sorry to hear the socket is quite far away.

If you need some help with getting this installed, I can sort this out for you.

I will send you a PM, please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

I called the pre-installs team for a bit of advice and they got me sorted. Excellent service - thank you.

Hi playerofgames,

Thank you for reaching back out and for the update, glad to hear you managed to get sorted out, now you are with us we would advise if you haven't already to set up an Online Account where you will be able to manage your account, check bills and even make some changes, you can find out more here.

If you need any further help, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.