Menu
mandt
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Quickset compliant

Hello. we're new customers and recently signed up. We have tried to connect our quick setup but unfortunately we have the incorrect socket (this was checked on the phone and adviced we are ready when joining) this has now stopped my wife's business as we have no internet until Wednesday, this isn't good enough.

I appreciate we're all busy with this pandemic but can someone please ask for this priority to be fixed please either today or tomorrow?

Thanks

Terry

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Quickset compliant

This forum is for residential customers only. If this is for your wife's business then you need to contact your designated Virgin business support team who will fix this as a priority. 

Or are you using a residential product for business purposes? 

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@mandt wrote:

Hello. we're new customers and recently signed up. We have tried to connect our quick setup but unfortunately we have the incorrect socket (this was checked on the phone and adviced we are ready when joining) this has now stopped my wife's business as we have no internet until Wednesday, this isn't good enough.

I appreciate we're all busy with this pandemic but can someone please ask for this priority to be fixed please either today or tomorrow?

Thanks

Terry

posting here will not get the result you want - VM get to threads in a few days to a week - if you need urgent help you need to use the phone - if it is a business account then contact them - if its domestic the the usual numbers

you may well get some help on here if you post more detail - what socket/connector have you actually got - post some photos - if they have allowed quick start - then VM has had an install there in the past so it may be someone has removed an inner box or changed something - if there is an external box and cables running to the inside you are some way there

so as i suggest - more detail and photos

Tony
0 Kudos
mandt
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The internet is used for both purposes

0 Kudos
mandt
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin are aware of the socket we have. It's a phoneline socket. I've phoned them and like I mentioned it's booked in Wednesday but this surely isn't acceptable considering lots of us are working from home these days. 

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

a phone line socket is of no use even if its a VM one - whoever told you it was is wrong or they mis understood

if its booked in for wednesday then i would guess thats the best you will get - as said VM on here will get to the thread but they would only be able to check times and dates and you have what i assume is the earliest

not acceptable - you chose quick start thats always a gamble - it can work or not - if all you have is a phone socket internally then a tech should be able to sort thinga but only if the cable from the cabinet to the external box exists

you seem not to want to post detail - fine - but without it you are not going to get help - as to VM knowing what socket you have - as i said if they have allowed quickstart then at some time in the past there has been more than a phone socket there - either the correct socket has been removed or you have not found it - it may not be a wall box but a cable sticking out of the wall or floor

you are ordering a domestic service - it will be installed and up and running when it is - working from home etc etc does not change that in VM's view 

Tony
0 Kudos
mandt
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tony. I will look for other connection points and see if I have missed it under the floor etc etc. 

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@mandt wrote:

Thanks Tony. I will look for other connection points and see if I have missed it under the floor etc etc. 

start on the outside - a brown or grey box on the front wall - follow any cables that look to go inside - if there are non obvious look on the inside wall opposite the external box as they could have just drilled straight through

Tony
0 Kudos