Menu
k_andzhanovski
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

QuickStart with Telewest Box

Hello,

I am receiving my VM QuickStart kit on Wednesday. Virgin Media services have been installed previously in the house and the hub was connected to the Telewest box (it was 4-5 years ago). I expect that everything should be fine and just plug and play, but still have some concerns that it may be disconnected externally (hypothetically). Really want it to go smoothly on Wednesday, therefore I have a request.

Could someone from the Forum Team drop me a private message and look into this? (I assume it is a fair request according to this thread on the forum: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Can-this-Telewest-box-be-used-for-Quickst...)

Many thanks in advance!

2020-12-27 21.08.38.jpg

0 Kudos
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: QuickStart with Telewest Box

As you have a QuickStart coming there is not much you can do at this late date. VM will not send out a technician to see if you are connected to the street box unless you have trouble activating your service. If you wanted a technician you should have specified you wanted it when you ordered the service. There is an additional charge for a maned install. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos