Menu
Bigswally
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

QuickStart delivery delays

I moved house last week and my only option for broadband and tv package is with Virgin Media.

I signed up for a Broadband, TV and Phone package on Sunday 13th Dec which gave me an engineer to instal on Wednesday 16th morning.

On 14th I received a text to say that they needed to reschedule an engineer to 9th January.

After waiting nearly an hour on the helpline on 14th I got through and we agreed that we would go for QuickStart delivery which would arrive on 16th. I had a text to advise of the revised delivery schedule and Yodel would send a text with a 2 hour slot.

On 15th no text from Yodel so back on to the help desk for an hour. They could not find my order. They transferred me to Yodel but after hanging on for 15 minutes the line wend dead.

So back onto the helpline this morning. Only 30 minutes wait. They found a tracking number and said I should get delivery on 17th or 18th. Yodel don’t recognise the tracking number.

The Virgin app still  says that my order is in process with a delivery of 16th.

I’ll be back onto the help desk again- another hour to waste...

Virgin and I have not had a good start and to not have broadband for a week is bad. Can’t work and have to plan to stay in to be ready for a delivery that doesn’t happen

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: QuickStart delivery delays

Don't know if this is related - but I suspect it is - VM (and others) are suffering from a shortage of Hub's and TV boxes primarily due the current chaos at the channel ports. They probably dont know exactly when the next container load will arrive. Hopefully they will get your to you asap. In this case - somewhat surprisingly - I would say that Yodel is the source of best info - after all they should know whether they have received the delivery for you and when you will get it. VM may not be able to say !

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Bigswally
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks,

I’ll try Yodel as you suggest. The help desk experience at VM has not been good.
No mention of any delays when they signed me up and still not sure how when I signed up that an engineer visit planned for 16/12 suddenly becomes 9/1. I hope that was due to engineer availability rather than the kit. 

0 Kudos
Bigswally
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The kit arrived on Friday - 5 days since ordering and about 4 hours with the help desk....and how easy was that to install!

I’ve saved £60 due to the non availability of an engineer. I do need to sort out the spaghetti of wires and cables behind the TV though.

0 Kudos