Menu
Aaron_s30
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

QuickStart - Moving house

Hi everyone, 

I am moving house today and my Virgin Media services (TV, broadband and phone) are scheduled to be switched over to the new address today. 

I have a few questions about QuickStart at the new address. 
1. Do I use the old cables or use the new ones I received? 
I know it says on the moving section of the website to use the new ones however I currently have a signal booster installed. It was installed by an engineer as my connection was dropping and the speeds were awful before I had it. It’s never played up since. (For reference I was on M200 and I was getting 40mbps down. Now I get 218mbps down mostly.)

2. If the Virgin wall socket is too far / not in the desired location (ie. not 3m from the Virgin V6 TV box and Hub 3) can I get it moved? 

3. I have a second Virgin V6 TV box. If there isn’t a second wall socket in the bedroom, can I get one installed. (I know there is one in the living room but not sure on this one.) 

4. If the connection doesn’t work, what happens? 

Signal boosterSignal booster

Sorry, your probably overwhelmed with the amount of questions. I just need to know otherwise I may be without my services. 
Thanks

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: QuickStart - Moving house

if you have move house you DO NOT use the singal booster.
The booster was installed to balance the power levels in your old house. Don't install it at the new house.

If you need the Connections moving or new points installing you'll need a manned install
0 Kudos
Aaron_s30
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for clarifying I have set it up now with the new cables downstairs in the living room and all seems to be working fine. Will update in a couple of days. 

I also managed to contact VM as I was correct, there isn’t a socket in the master bedroom so a tech is coming on Monday. 

Thanks for your help! 

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello @Aaron_s30,

Thank you for the update with this.

I am glad that there is a plan in place to get this resolved for you, please do let us know how it goes.

Have a lovely day 🙂

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide