Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

QuickStart - I do not have a virgin media wall socket and would like to cancel

I ordered a quick start package a few weeks ago and could not find the wall socket anywhere in my flat, I decided to get an engineer to come out after spending an hour on hold to virgin, when he came he told me there was no socket as there was not the correct wiring installed for my flat - meaning he would have to drill through the walls and install new wires (which I would need permission from my landlord for) I feel that this is definitely grounds for having my contract cancelled and even getting a refund because I was sold the QuickStart package under terms that it would be able to be installed instantly. Some help about how to cancel and perhaps get a refund would be great - I’m on hold on the phone as I’m typing this too 😆

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: QuickStart - I do not have a virgin media wall socket and would like to cancel

Hi JackWarnes, thanks for your post - apologies for the delay getting back to you.

I'm also sorry to hear about the problems with your order & installation. Usually a quick-start kit would only be offered if it's confirmed that the sockets are already present in your property. It's disappointing to hear that confusion around this has caused you to consider cancelling and going elsewhere.

If needed we can arrange for an engineer to attend and fit the sockets as required, unfortunately cancellations aren't something we're able to assist with via the community forum, if that's something you would like to proceed with you would need to contact the relevant teams on 150/ 0345 454 1111 or via text on 07533051809.

Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: QuickStart - I do not have a virgin media wall socket and would like to cancel

@Tom_F wrote:

Hi JackWarnes, thanks for your post - apologies for the delay getting back to you.

I'm also sorry to hear about the problems with your order & installation. Usually a quick-start kit would only be offered if it's confirmed that the sockets are already present in your property. It's disappointing to hear that confusion around this has caused you to consider cancelling and going elsewhere.

If needed we can arrange for an engineer to attend and fit the sockets as required, unfortunately cancellations aren't something we're able to assist with via the community forum, if that's something you would like to proceed with you would need to contact the relevant teams on 150/ 0345 454 1111 or via text on 07533051809.

Tom

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/No-virgin-media-wall-socket/m-p/4437076 

0 Kudos