Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

QuickStart Hub Not Working (Flashing Green Lights)

Hello,

I live in a shared house which has had Virgin broadband before, but not for over a year. We are now trying to set up Virgin broadband, I've plugged in the quick start kit and followed all the instructions but the internet is not working. We are getting a solid green base bar, flashing green arrows and solid green WiFi light.

I'm guessing the issue is a physical fault (maybe with the wall box) that I'm not going to be able to fix myself. Troubleshooting steps on the Virgin site are absolutely useless, automated phone system is even worse. 

I've gone through the steps on the phone line to send the 'activation signal', still no dice. I've also run their automated tests which also don't help.

I'd like to book an engineer to take a look at it, but it seems there's no way of doing it? We have two key workers in the house and this is affecting our ability to WFH so would like to be able to get it sorted sooner rather than later!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: QuickStart Hub Not Working (Flashing Green Lights)

With acknowledgements to newapollo.

VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the Hub / TV box you are installing. By doing this we’ll be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

The old method (which still works) is to reboot the Hub / TV box, and if the channels are still greyed out then you need to phone to get your box activated. 0800 953 9500.

You will need the box serial number, and your account and area number.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

The best time to call is 8am when lines first open and are least busy.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: QuickStart Hub Not Working (Flashing Green Lights)

Hi callumnohare, thanks for the message and I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the equipment, can you confirm if this is still the case? Have you contacted the activation line on - 0800 953 9500. Please let us know if you are still having issues with this?  ^Chris 

0 Kudos