Menu
Jamesp5377
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Quick start?

All connected up as per instructions and not connecting. Status says the line has been disconnected. No message help and call centre is closed. Can anyone assist? 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Quick start?

Hi jamesp5377,

Have you tried calling the Activation number?    0800 953 9500

If that  doesn't work then you need to speak to  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. 

That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

It's best to call first thing on a morning 8am when it's least busy. As far as I know the lines close at 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

You will need the box serial number, along with your account and area number.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Jamesp5377
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Solved. What they don't tell you is that the equipment and line is not always ready for the quick start. I had to wait about 12 hours for the Internet to kick in and 24 hours for the on demand to start working. I tried ringing the setup and it kept saying it couldn't automatically set me up and to ring customer services and customer services was closed at the weekend. 

Customer services also had to set up the box remotely so it would connect to virgin because it hadn't been done before it was sent out.

The whole experience doesn't fill you with confidence but now it's working its OK. 

Tags (1)
newapollo
Hero
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Jamesp5377,

Thanks for the update. I'm pleased that your finally all up and running.

Stay safe.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos