Menu
gms9697
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Quick start wall socket

I recently received a broadband quickstart kit for a new flat. As far as I know, the previous tenant had Virgin broadband, as do many of the surrounding flats. There were a few cables still lying around joined to wall sockets, however the only one I can find to attach the insulator cable to is marked TV and the hub gives a flashing green light when I connect it. 

Any tips or insight before I have to fork out for an engineer? 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Quick start wall socket

Hi that doesn't look like a virgin box as it includes FM radio, the one on the right is for a phone, so I'm afraid you need an engineer to install you service.Regards Micky
Tudor
Hero
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Looks like an old Telewest box to me, mine certainly had a ‘radio’ socket. Possibly you have been disconnected at the street cabinet. Certainly need a technician visit to rectify. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi gms9697,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Oh no, it looks like we'll need to get this changed to a manned install for you. I'm happy to get that done for you. Feel free to pop me a private message so I can get it arranged.

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
Mugiwara
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi

The same happened to me.

I’m probably gonna need an engineer 

0 Kudos