cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick start package - Wrong connection

NIMBAH1
Joining in

Hi all, 

After some initial nightmare with VM sending the quickstart package to the wrong address, I'm now left with two quick start boxes and neither are working. 

I don't have a female input for the coax connection in my new flat and instead have two coax cables fed straight in. I took off the Telewest faceplate to check and indeed it's just cables fed straight in. 

I plugged one end into the hub and I can see there's some kind of connection there according to the logs, it was able to do a software update and the usual T3 errors etc. It says DOCSIS allowed but it cannot lock any channels and everything is blank. The hub webpage says access blocked. 

I have an engineer booked for this Saturday but just curious as to people thoughts on this. The support person on the phone was able to send a signal to the hub however it did not come back online on his side. 

IMG_2865.jpgIMG_2866.jpg

11 REPLIES 11

You are referring to the siamese cable which comprises coaxial cable bonded to phone cable.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

NIMBAH1
Joining in

thank you for the help everyone ! 

I decided to save myself the hassle and bundle broadband along with my existing Sky TV. at least the cables are already there ! 🙂