Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Quick start not working hub 3!

3D8325E5-7D86-4C1D-B268-FEE6B151C6CA.jpeg

75D256D4-CCBF-44BE-9B12-147B4F81F8B1.jpeg

C9500D35-A616-45C9-942C-C7A066E083B3.jpeg

10E5779E-30A8-4893-9AF6-B002C5BA1A3C.jpeg

Hello! 

wondering if someone can advise, we have two cables coming in through the wall from a virgin media box, we have just moved in previous tenants had VM too. The box has just been flashing green ever since I plugged it in yesterday morning! 

can someone advise if the wiring in the box outside (pic attached) looks correct and tell me where to plug these cables coming through the wall into?? Earliest I can get an engineer is Wednesday so would like to try and resolve myself!!!! 🙂 

thanks 

Darcy 

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Quick start not working hub 3!

pictures really are not clear in what they say - the twin internal cables - are they seperate or do they a twin cable - if they become one twin cable they are likely to be sky theres also a splitter above the skirting board - thats more likely to be the VM connection

Tony
0 Kudos
Darciep96
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tony 

perfect thanks, the splitter above the skirting I have now plugged into and the hub seems to have more lights showing now both WiFi and internet are flashing I’m assuming it’s setting itself up now. On the splitter there’s a red marked one and a white marked one, is it best to plug into the red one I’m assuming? 

thanks 

Darcy 

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Hero
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Did you phone up to get the Hub activated?

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

AFAIR usually the splitters are marked FM and TV, and the norm is to plug into the FM side.  However if the Hub is updating it all seems okay.  Post your power levels and network log once the Hub has finally settled.  We can comment further.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Darciep96 wrote:

Hi Tony 

perfect thanks, the splitter above the skirting I have now plugged into and the hub seems to have more lights showing now both WiFi and internet are flashing I’m assuming it’s setting itself up now. On the splitter there’s a red marked one and a white marked one, is it best to plug into the red one I’m assuming? 

thanks 

Darcy 

not sure on which one to use - you can try both obviously - the base light should go white and all other lights go out - you may need to activate the hub - 0800 953 9500 some come pre activated others not

you can remove the splitter and connect the cable direct to the hub - if its not long enough you need one of these

https://www.diy.com/departments/tristar-data-cable-coupler/571706_BQ.prd

Tony
0 Kudos
Buffer6
Hero
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

A splitter must be terminated on unused ports, I think one port goes to VM TV box and the other to the Hub

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Looks like a reverse feed HDU to me, although there is nothing in the outside box for it to drive. Also internal kit usually is metal, not plastic. I would say the red socket is the power coax that goes to a mains adapter. The white will be the amplified output.

PS. Splitter diplexers that have a TV & FM outlet only pass the FM frequencies to the FM outlet, which is now disused. The TV outlet passes the frequencies required for both Broadband & TV.

VM BB TV Landline. Vonage 2nd line. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@nodrogd wrote:

<snip>   PS. Splitter diplexers that have a TV & FM outlet only pass the FM frequencies to the FM outlet, which is now disused. The TV outlet passes the frequencies required for both Broadband & TV.

One to remember!  Every day is a school day 🙂

0 Kudos
Darciep96
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I now have the hub working and have internet! 🙂 

however when we plugged our 360 tv box in the broadband goes down and doesn’t come back up until we disconnect the TV box? Anyone come across this before? I think I need to call out an engineer 

Tags (4)
0 Kudos