Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Quick start kit but no wall outlet

Hi, 

ive received my quick start kit but I don’t have a wall outlet. Do I need to call an engineer out to get one fitted? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Quick start kit but no wall outlet

Yes you will need an engineer.

Quick start packs are only normally issued where an address has recently been serviced. If you cannot see where the wire comes in from the outside box then you have no option. The wiring is VM property but previous occupants have been known to rip out the cabling & sockets.

If you have no external box either this is more serious. As it will require a second team to re-establish the connection to the street cabinet before the internal work can take place.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Quick start kit but no wall outlet

Hi Kajolkmadhas,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to our community and Virgin Media, I am sorry you still haven't been able to get set up due to no internal connections, I can see you have sincce spoken to us and arranged for this to be fitted.

If you have any further issues please do not hesitate to let us know.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos