Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 62
Flag for a moderator

Quick start issue

My new quick start kit does not seem to be working, the green LED base light keeps flashing and I cannot connect to internet - I've been waiting 3 hours for this and still nothing. 

I've called for activation and even received a text message saying my activation was completed. I'm on a telewest box, I removed all existing cables from the box as suggested in your guide and connected the new one instead but nothing is happening. Please help I urgently need internet, Virgin Media already delayed my delivery by 4 days and it's been really painful trying to work this whole while. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 62
Flag for a moderator

Re: Quick start issue

green flashing light usually means there is no connection - check all the coax connections internally - if still nothing check the external box and see it all looks ok in there - post some pictures if you are not sure - are there any other internal boxes - maybe the one you are connecting to has been disconnected

if not of that helps you need a tech

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 62
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried giving the router a full reset?

Can you show us a picture or two of how you've got the router setup?

My Broadband Ping - VM
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 62
Flag for a moderator

869CB764-FCD1-4417-8098-78E4CA367840.jpeg

here’s how I’ve set it up (noting I have zero knowledge of these things so have rather blindly followed instruction). I’ve connected the red end of the cable to the telewest box and black to the hub 3.0

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 62
Flag for a moderator

That’s helpful thank you - looks like the one I’ve connected to is the only internal box. Someone was definitely living here before me so it may just be that I haven’t connected it properly...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 62
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

that looks ok but what is the splitter on the skirting board - that looks typical of VM - where do those cables go - maybe the box you are connecting to is not live 

trace the cable to the splitter and post a photo of it

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 62
Flag for a moderator

Of the three cables in the splitter one was originally connected to the box, this is the one I’ve replaced. One of the other two is not connected to anything, just lying there. And the other one is connected to another splitter which was then connected to another isolator cable. 

what are my options in this situation do you think? Virgin confirmed quick start was an option for this new place I’ve moved to so I’m a bit shocked that things don’t seem to be working - I’m also unable to create an online account as the web form does not recognise my account number (very baffling) so unable to book an engineer visit or do anything at all really. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 62
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

A7A59165-4D75-4C31-9F36-BD606A01EE1F.jpeg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 62
Flag for a moderator

ok - put everything back as it was and connect the router to the isolator cable on the second splitter - i dont think thats going to help but it might - each splitter changes the input levels so if the line has been set up with the splitters in the circuit you have changed things so the levels may be all over the place

if that does not work then check the outside box - make sure all is connected in there

again if that does not work you need a tech - post back and i or someone will flag the thread as you cannot book one

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 62
Flag for a moderator

Thank you I’ve plugged everything everything back as suggested and tried to connect using the existing isolator but it’s still the same story. The flashing green base light followed by a moment where it turns white but the internet arrows flash red. It would be great if you could flag this post so it can be looked into! Thanks so much

0 Kudos