cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick start issue

sherrydst
Tuning in

Hey I installed a Quick Start package and was very proud of myself. This was since 4pm and my devices are recognizing the wifi network but there's no internet. The tv box is on but just blinking about the internet. I called for help and the service was activated but yet there's no internet. Please help. Thanks. 

PS I checked cables and switched hub on and off a few times. There's only the white light present but no internet. 

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Is it the Hub3? And the base light is steady white? If so, is there any connection if you connect a laptop/computer to the Hub on an ethernet cable connection?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi

Yes it's the Hub3. I will try to do this now and give some feedback. Thanks. 

Sigh, my laptop does not have space for an ethernet cable connection. Any other suggestions as I do not have a computer. Thanks.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you need more Ethernet ports an unmanaged switch will allow you to connect your laptop.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You can get... USB---Ethernet "adapters" so pretty much any laptop can be connected - I use them for my Macbooks.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks. I'll note this. 

sherrydst
Tuning in

Got the issue resolved. It's up and running after I got through to Virgin. Thanks all for responding.