Menu
Geeman1979
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Quick start installation

Please help, I have recently rejoined as a new customer, I have recieved my kit. Can I use my existing cables/set up for my new equipment. The Hub and router is the same. How ever I have a splitter cable with this set up and it isn't long enough, however I have my old cables connected, can I use these, everything is the same in terms of cables etc. 

Also does my phone line have to plug into the router and not the virgin media phone line in the wall? 

I have tried my old set up and I have no dial tone or broadband, 

I have disconnected everything and connected my router straight into the wall, still nothing. I've called VM and my services are up and running. 

Can anyone advise. 

0 Kudos
Richw1982
Up to speed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Quick start installation

Hi

1 Yes you can use previous cables

2 The phone line now plugs into the top grey port in the hub, usint the adaptor they should have provided

3 You say 'I've called VM and my services are up and running'.  They did have activation issues earlier, but the seem to be starting to go through now

0 Kudos
Geeman1979
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I thought this should be the case, I'm still not getting anything,

My old service ended 30 days ago, new exactly the same kit arrived today. I just thought I should be able to take it out of the box and plug and play.

The only difference is the wall socket splitter cable.

Still not working. 

0 Kudos
Geeman1979
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

OK, so I'm getting somewhere now, i have broadband, i have phone line. How ever TV is saying cannot find account details. 

It looks like I'm calling VM again in the morning. 

0 Kudos
Richw1982
Up to speed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Not finding account issues is an activation issue,  they have been having activation issues today and are working through the backlog.  You may find it working after a reboot tomorrow morning

0 Kudos
Geeman1979
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks bud, still not working. Now on hold. Thanks for all your help. 

0 Kudos