Menu
ericthewolf
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Quick start broadband: need coax adapter

Hi there, we signed up for broadband and our kit arrived yesterday. We had Virgin broadband and TV some years ago and we have 2 connection points:

•  an old Telewest box which used to connect to a TV box
  •  a coax cable in the hall with a male socket (which used to be the connection for our previous Virgin router)

I connected the broadband box to the old telewest box - after an hour the green light still flashing and no internet connection.

I'd like to connect to the cable in the hall to see if I have better luck, but the supplied coax cable is a male connector also so I can't connect them. I assume I can get an adapter at B&Q: can anyone advise on the kind of adapter to ask for? Will any F-F coax adapter do?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Tudor
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Quick start broadband: need coax adapter

Any F to F adapter will do and B & Q do have them.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
ericthewolf
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you! I popped down to B&Q and picked up a connector which has physically connected the router cable to my existing virgin broadband cable. So far so good.

Sadly that hasn't led to Internet access, and the router is still flashing green. Does this mean I need an engineer to get me set up? Do I have to phone for that or can I request some other way?

0 Kudos
Tudor
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

One thing that sometimes happens is the cable is disconnected from the street cabinet and you will certainly need a technician to rectify that.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2