Menu
remrafnevets
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Quick start Kit missing half the stuff

I upgraded my package at the end of November. 

had to wait until middle of december for an engineer to come and install a 2nd box.
The v6 box he had was faulty so he installed an older type box instead. He also said I would be contacted regarding sending another engineer out to finish the job.

However today I have received a self installation kit, which until yesterday I had no idea was coming.
I had a yodel delvery driver knock on my door and simply hand a VM box with no stickers on to my and walk off. Not asked my name or asked for a signature. (but hay whatever)
Took the box upstairs and my first impressions are this is a second hand box. Broken the tape seal Opened the cardboard box and still think its been opened before.
Next I notice theres NO remote.
(Maybe I'm supposed to use my old remote)
Unplug my old box following the instructions and then notice theres no adapter to plug the white wire into my new V6 box.

After reading the return instructions I also realise the cardboard box is way to small for the VM box I'm supposed to return.

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Quick start Kit missing half the stuff

VM do abide by the "recycle, reduce, reuse" principle, so it's likely you've been given a refurbished unit instead of a brand new unit. This is normal. 

0 Kudos
remrafnevets
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Fair enough.

But its not much use if I can't connect it because the adapter is missing. And exactly how am I supposed to use it with no remote.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Call in at 08.00 and they will get it sent out

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
remrafnevets
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This gets even better.

I spent between 5 / 6 hours in a text to text conversation explaining the situation for a second time, the end result being I just got a 2nd box from Virgin today.

Superb I thought. Takes it upstairs. Opens it and first impressions are positive looks brand new opens it up further to find the contents is just a v6 and a power pack, not the remote I was missing or the f connector adapter that I specifically said I needed..

So Now I have 2 v6 boxes which I can't use and an old style box which I dont want.

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Request another, but this time over the phone. Ring at 8am for best effect. Keep doing it until you manage to get all the parts you need. Sadly this seems to be the only way to get everything unless you go for an engineer installation. 

Send the rest back in a returns bag at virgins expense. 

0 Kudos