Menu
Contay
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Quick Install- No Socket

Hi All,

ive just moved into a house and bought a quick start kit as it said I was eligible.

I’ve looked through the entire house and flipped it upside down and can’t find the wall socket so can I have a VM tech sent to my address so I can get it rectified.

kind regards,

connor

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Quick Install- No Socket

Wil be quicker to call it in that waiting here for a day or two before a VM person responds. Call on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate). Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly.

Also is there an "omnibox" (usually brown) on your outside wall and can you trace the cable from that to where it enters your property (usually through a hole in the wall) and your connection socket should be somewhere close to where that cable comes inside.

Previous occupant may have removed it, decorated over it or hidden it behind a cupboard etc.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Quick Install- No Socket

Hello Contay

Thanks for bringing this to our attention 

I have just checked to look at converting this Quickstart to a manned installation and I can see you have beat us to it 

Can you please let us know how the visit goes 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos