cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding one-off charge of £40.00 for installation or activation

Gunner96
Joining in

Hello,

Been with Virgin since last August and yesterday ordered an upgrade which is the Bigger bundle + Sports, also comes with a phoneline (not that I care about that at all but whatever). I note that there's a one off £40 charge, but I'm unsure what this is for exactly. I already have the broadband installed, and according to the 'My Orders' section of 'My Virgin Media' it says I'm scheduled for a delivery of a 'self-install pack' early next week. So I'm lead to believe I'm installing the TV box myself without the need for a technician, so why does it cost £40? Is this just a standard charge for delivery of TV equipment? If I was having it installed by a technician would the charge be even higher than £40? Just seems a bit outlandish really.

Thanks

Matt

5 REPLIES 5

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It would be interesting to know what the sales person's percentage of the £40 is.

It's entirely unreasonable that you should have to pay this extra sum when you have been locked into a new more expensive contract with a fixed inflation increase.  The good news is that you have 14 days to cancel the new contract without loss. I suggest you use this ability to say that you do not want to pay the extra £40.  Phone CS and take the options for 'thing of leaving us'.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Eh, in fairness I could have questioned the fee when they sent me the new pre-contract but I didn't really clock it at first before agreeing. Regardless I'm happy with my upgraded package but just questioning the exact reasoning behind charging a one off £40 fee. I'll wait and see I guess.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The reasoning? The reasoning is to get as much money from you as possible. Plain and simple. You don't have to accept it. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Gunner96
Joining in

FYI this query has now been resolved by the helpful people over on the Virgin Media Twitter account. This topic can be closed, locked or whatever. Thanks

Hi @Gunner96,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm really glad to hear that we've been able to resolve this for you over on Twitter. Please do let us know if there's anything else that we can assist you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!