Menu
alkis
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Question about installation, unable to get answer

Hi all. 

I am a new fibre customer and my installation will take place in 3 working days. I was told previously that a visit from the engineer is needed to install new cable. On my tracking page I can see 2 items scheduled for the same date 12th January. I am assuming that:

A. First item is the hub/modem arriving by courier

B. Second item is the appointment with the engineer

My question is, can the engineer complete his/her work if I haven't received the hub, by the time they are at my home? Or do I need to reschedule? 

From reading the support messages I understand that you are sending kits, where the user finish off the installation and I am happy to do that. I just want to know what are the 2 items in the tracking page and if the engineer can definitely do their work without the hub. 

I tried getting help from your SMS text support and I know that the engineer is indeed going to visit, but communication in plain English was -> VERY <- difficult.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Question about installation, unable to get answer

a lot depends on what you have at the moment

the full installation involves one team pulling the cable through underground ducts to the T point which is usually on the pavement outside your property - they may or may not feed that cable across your garden to the front of your house - all that can happen any time before the internal installation

on the day of the install a tech will connect the previously laid cable to an external box on the front of the house - he will then install internal connection/s

the tech will bring the hub and any other items on your order - they do not come by courier

if any of the external work has previously been done then am not sure why you have 2 items on the order

Tony
0 Kudos
alkis
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Question about installation, unable to get answer

Hi Tony

Thank you for the fast response, this is very informative. I had as a reference installations from other suppliers, that are using existing phone lines but your answer really clarifies everything. 

I wish I knew why there are 2 items, but at least I don't have to worry about  the hub.

0 Kudos