cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property Already Has a Virgin Media Account

timmybc
Joining in

Signed up recently as a new customer to VM for the fibre connection and received an email saying there is already a VM account at my address in another name.

I moved into the house just over two years ago and had been with BT until now. The two previous owners of the property - who moved in when it was built - were not with VM. It's not a flat, just a detached house. There are no other VM account holders living at my address. I have called the sales team three times already explaining the situation and have been given the same response each time; they will call the number for the other account, get no response, tell me to wait 24 hours. I even provided my proof of address with a bank statement and have received no calls back.

It sounds like someone is fraudulently using my address and it's stopping me from getting the service.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

VM-Jon
Problem sorter

Hi @timmybc 

Thank you for reaching out to us here, welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear of the difficulties you are having, I would like to take a look at this for you and see what I can do to help. In order to do so I will need a little bit more detail so I will send you a private message.

Thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more