cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotion code not recognised when subscribing to Gig1 Fibre Broadband

betaspin
On our wavelength

At long last, yesterday I got the message that said that my home was Virgin Media ready and invited me to subscribe. The message suggested that the promotion code PREG35 could be used in order to get a £35 bill credit. However, when I started subscribing to the Gig1 Fibre Broadband package, this code was rejected with "Oops! We don't recognise this code. Please try again." I subscribed anyway but find it a bit disappointing to be sent a promotion code that does not work. I wonder if anyone has had a similar experience and if contacting VM about this could have any effect.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Stephen93
Up to speed

I had the same to say Virgin Media was ready, to check I entered my post code in the checker it came back yes I can get up a gigabyte, then used the chat she took my post code, house number, then offered me £50 off my bill, I’d try that, better deal,  just look for the chat box on the Virgin Media website

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Stephen93
Up to speed

I had the same to say Virgin Media was ready, to check I entered my post code in the checker it came back yes I can get up a gigabyte, then used the chat she took my post code, house number, then offered me £50 off my bill, I’d try that, better deal,  just look for the chat box on the Virgin Media website

Thanks, after spending a bit of time in a chat and a phone call, the £35 credit was applied to my account as a gesture of goodwill----they told me that the PREG35 code did not exist although it was in the message I received. Anyway, happy to have this sorted out.