Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Problems during house move (delayed between moves)

Hi all,

Can I have some advise please.

I sold my house back in March as the countrywide lockdown began, the house I was buying fell through but I decided to continue selling mine and move home temporarily to family home. I continued paying my monthly contract so that when my move was sorted I could just keep the contract going moved to the new house. I thought that be the most simple easy thing to do. 

I noticed my direct debit increased a lot and when logging in saw I had been disconnected and automatically contract canceled and forced to pay the remainder which they took via direct debit. I had been in touch with the live support and explained the situation who took my new house address and arranged the installation date and assured me I would receive a refund for the money taken and everything would go back to normal. 

This was a few weeks ago now, I have received no refund and have spent all afternoon and evening trying to get in touch with virgin media to notify them that the installation date (28th) is too soon as the legal work has not yet been completed. we are looking at about two more weeks until we move in. 

I need to inform virgin to change the installation date but cannot get in contact with them; it tells me on the website and phone line I can just rearrange it myself but my account page still hasn't updated and tells me I'm not a customer still. I had a live chat with the sales team who transferred me to customer care at 5pm but its now gone 7.30pm with no reply, the phone number also disconnects me and saying to start a live chat - LOL? 

I just want to tell them to postpone the installation a few more weeks and get the contract buyout payment they took refunded and continue to honour the original agreement. How simple is that... I got confirmation of this (new contract) after my original live chat and the contract amount was wrong but Ive been assured through another live chat this will be fixed and they've placed a discount to counter the amount to the correct figure.

I imagine at my old house they had a new broadband installed which automatically made all of this happen. 

So can I please 1. push back the installation date 2. get my refund 

at this point I wouldnt mind if virgin just wanted to agree to cancel everything and refund the money they took because it seems a lot of people have problems with their customer care 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems during house move (delayed between moves)

Hi customer999,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you're having. As this is a home move for service you do need to speak directly with the movers team. 

If you are having issues getting through via calling in. We do have a SMS service available via: +44753 305 1809. 

^Martin

0 Kudos