cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer uses furthest pod!

raymartin01
Up to speed

My printer is in my bedroom, a few feet away from a pod. No matter how many times I refresh its connection, however, it persists in connecting to the pod in the hallway, the one that's the furthest away. Why won't it connect to the pod in the same room, or even the hub, which is directly below it one floor down? The connection is always reported by the VM Connect app as fair or poor and printing seems to be slow. Any suggestions welcomed ‍🥴

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

After 10 days or so, and without me doing anything, the printer has now connected to the nearest pod and printing is noticeably smoother, without stopping and starting I had previously experienced. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Client62
Hero

"pod in the same room" that is an incorrectly located WiFi Pod.
Turn off that in room pod and see if the printer can connect to the Hub that is below it.

If I switch the bedroom pod off the printer still connects to the hallway pod rather than the hub. BTW the pod is in the bedroom for the benefit of other devices upstairs, all of which have great connections. 

Client62
Hero

Use a free WiFi Analyser app on a mobile so you can see the signals from the Pods & the Hub.
Check the in room Pod is broadcasting on the WiFi band required by the printer.

Signal from the pod is stronger than the hub. Both pods are on the correct band. 

After 10 days or so, and without me doing anything, the printer has now connected to the nearest pod and printing is noticeably smoother, without stopping and starting I had previously experienced. 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Interesting that it takes 10 days or so for the VM Intelligent WIfi to sort out the Roaming/Steering .....

Decent AP's should do this within seconds.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks