Menu
sl1m_tc
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Prepull delays and checked in with Customer service everyday

At the time this all happened, I moved house and was to move my services over to my new house. As this was done, they closed my account and provided me with a new account. They called me and arranged the pre pull work to be done. I had an installation date of 3rd April 2021. From the 27th March to 3rd April I was without internet. I saw the pre pull guys for a brief moment on 2nd April 2021 and they left. I assumed everything was going ahead. I get a phone call at 18:00 on 2nd April that the installation of services won't be happening on 3rd April as planned. I then got another date of installation of services on 20th April 2021. From that day I checked in a couple of times to ensure the work was taken place. All I got don't worry and it will be installed on 20th April. Yesterday my wife saw the cabling guys, which we assumed was the work being completed. I then get a phone call from my wife yesterday afternoon saying the Virgin engineer can't install it due to a blockage on the cabling underneath where they need to pull the cable.

This is now the second failed appointment which is preventing me to have the services. I called this morning and now the pre pull work is being done on the 24th of April 2021. Now I know this a couple of days to wait. I now cancelled my Sky on the 18th of April to move my TV packaged and get the Ooomph packaged. I am conscious of getting this done. I am at home with a toddler without any services.

I am more upset that it's taking 23 days to not noticed this issue with the pre pull team and yet I've checked in every day to see the pre pull work is being completed. All I get it's scheduled and don't worry about it. This is supposed to be a stress-free move but with everything, it's not going to according to plan.

I've been with Virgin Media for the best part of ten years and the other I am concerned I get a bill for early disconnection and that will be coming out of my bank account at the end of April. This is stressing me to the point.

Could someone help me on getting this sorted for me, please? 

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Prepull delays and checked in with Customer service everyday

You are not charged anything until after your connection is complete and working. Your contract will start then.

0 Kudos
sl1m_tc
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It's not the contract it's the issue with the third company not doing their delligence to ensure installation took place yesterday.

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately, if there is problems with the installation then it could be delayed 8 weeks plus if they need to apply for planning permission to dig up the pavement to find and fix any blockages.

This is why we tell people not to disconnect any services until the new service is in and running to ensure a smooth transition between providers. It does mean that for one month you are paying 2 providers, but that's typically acceptable considering how much we rely on broadband at the current time.

0 Kudos
sl1m_tc
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Can someone from Virgin Media help me with the permit been submitted, please?

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media don't submit permits.

All external work is done by outside contractors, the permit is between them and the council. The best you can do is check sites such as One Network to check for applied permits in your area.

Note that permits may be delayed if you are on a busy road, as that may mean that traffic control is required.

0 Kudos
sl1m_tc
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I understand this but at the same time, I need to know if they have submitted, got approval and it is going ahead.

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Good luck, as the communication between contractors and Virgin Media is worse than the various Virgin Media departments talking to each other !

Assume it's going ahead unless you hear otherwise.

0 Kudos
sl1m_tc
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Construction delays

I have been a loyal customer of Virgin Media for the last ten years and this is my fourth house move in such year's. I've moved to a house that needs the fibre cabled pulled to the house. 

This is the third attempt to get services installed. The second was a problem as to do prepull word as there is a blockage. I've spoke to my council and they not seen a permit come there way to do the construction. I lost faith in the India Customer Service, but they said all the things and I feel they are liars. 

Could someone from the Virgin team in the UK to assist with me in making sure everything is all good for the pre pull work on 24th April 2021, please? 

0 Kudos
sl1m_tc
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Construction delays

Z92, are you connected to the Virgin Media company??? !!!

0 Kudos