cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-pull not going ahead

rajatche33
Joining in

Original Installation Date: 03-Dec-2021

Like so many of us I have the same issue with my pre-pull. I have been informed repeatedly that construction work needs to happen but haven't been started. There's absolutely no communication between the vendor and Virgin, kept being told that the vendor is not responding to emails on construction date. Same message of 6-8 weeks was given to me whenever I call

Can someone from virgin offer me some help

8 REPLIES 8

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
The answer to your question is.... no they cant. The current process is an omnishambles

See John’s excellent precis in message 18 of this thread

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Multiple-Failed-Installations-zero-commun...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi rajatche33, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community although I am sorry to hear that you are having an issue with getting installed. 

We certainly can have a look at the latest on the account but just to set expectations, we're not able to expedite things. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi rajatche33, 

Thanks for your patience on this one. 

I have received an update from the AFM now, albeit not a very informative one. 

They have advised that the account has been sent over to our contractors to apply for a permit and they are going to chase this. 

I am hoping they will come back to me in the next few days. Once they do, as always I will update you 🙂 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Thanks for the update kath and you are right that it's not very informative 🙂 but there's nothing much I can do apart from waiting. 

Update: Well, there's no update.... This is complete shambles, no communication at all from Virgin Media.

Hi rajatche33, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

Since the last update I haven't received any news I'm afraid. I have checked the account and can't see anything on there either. 

I have sent a further chaser message to see if the Area Field Manager has heard back from the contractors. 

I'll be in touch once I have any news. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi rajatche33, 

Thanks again for your patience on this. I know this isn't much but I did promise to keep you in the loop.

It looks as though the Area Field Manager has been chasing this but they haven't had any reply from the contractors so they have escalated this further for a response. 

As soon as I have any further information, I will let you know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

@rajatche33 well here we are, three weeks on and absolutely nothing has happened, yes? Let’s work on the basis that VM have decided that you are not worthy of giving them money to provide a service, they don’t want your custom, you are, indeed, ‘not one of them’ so just do one and don’t annoy us again…

What alternative broadband suppliers are available to you? Do some investigation and sign up with whoever looks the best for you - but absolutely do not cancel the VM install, it might happen sometime this decade (probably won’t, but you never know), but if it does then immediately cancel under the 14 day cooling off period without penalty, safe in the knowledge that the cables are there should you decide to give VM another go in the future.