cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-pull no show on two separate occasions

bethkelly0109
Tuning in

Good Evening,

I had an installation date set for 01/06/22 which I was told was for both the external work (to get the cable to the house) and the internal work.

After waiting in all day, nobody showed up to do the external work. After calling support, and being forwarded to the pre-install team, the external work was re-schedule to today (02/06/22) and again nobody has showed up to do any work.

I'm now in a position where I've had to buy more mobile data and am still no closer to being connected to Virgin Media broadband.

Please can someone help with this as going through the phone service has been extremely frustrating and unproductive.

5 REPLIES 5

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @bethkelly0109,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

It's great to have you on board with us here 🙂

I am so sorry to hear your install has been delayed. That's not a great start and appreciate it must be frustrating!

I can see you were able to speak with our team after you posted and they were able to discuss the matter further with you.

If you need any further assistance, let us know. 

Thank you 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

I did speak with the team over the phone who were not able to answer any of my questions or explain why the external work has failed to take place. 

We do not have a date when the external work will be completed or a date that this will be sorted by. This is very frustrating as we are in a situation where we have no broadband and no one is willing to provide a timeframe by when this will be resolved. 

The customer service over the phone has been very unhelpful and whilst I’ve been told we are on a ‘priority list’ this doesn’t seem to create any sense of urgency and I have no information as to how long it will be before this is resolved.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A common issue nowadays unfortunately. See this post I have made before

The current VM installation process is badly managed when things aren’t straightforward and cable re-pulls are needed. So dont bother chasing it. Just let the installation play out. Do nothing. You will pay nothing (£0) until a VM connection is actually installed and activated. And even from then (if it gets that far) you have 14 days in which to cancel - again with no costs. Or keep it if you like it after those 14 days

In the meantime, can you connect to OR, Sky, BT etc - or to a 4G/5G service - perhaps on a 30-day contract? Three have a 30day 4G unlimited package for ~£20. If so, do it now and just let the VM install run its course. As said, you will pay nothing until VM's service is installed and operational. When it finally happens, you have 14 days in which to cancel it at no cost to yourself and keep the other service. Or, if VM is working to your satisfaction, keep it and cancel the other service (hence better if you took a 30-day contract).

FYI - Re. VM’s recent installation issues - see John’s excellent précis of the situation in message 18 here…

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Multiple-Failed-Installations-zero-commun...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi,

We've still not had any more clarity on when this will be resolved. I was promised a call back from the pre-install team yesterday but as expected, that didn't happen.

Please can someone provide me with some information on exactly why the pre-pull still hasn't taken place.

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey bethkelly0109, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome the our community. I am so sorry to hear about the delayed install.

I have looked at end and can see a call was made yesterday at 17:47 but there was no answer.

I would like to take a look into this personally for you, I am going to send you a PM.

Please can you look our for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?