cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre pull delays

Jacksmelt
Tuning in

Did a home move on the 19th September, told VM my new address and was told cable work needed doing to the property and that this would be done before we moved in. 
To this day work is yet to be done. Every time I phone asking for an update I get told the Pre-pull is booked in for the day I call or the day after. 
I have had a least 4/5 different installation dates and keep getting told the pre-pull definitely happen before this date, but the install date keeps getting moved and no one can tell me why. It’s been almost 2months now waiting and this is ridicules and no one seems to want to offer any solutions or provide any information on this matter. 

11 REPLIES 11

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A VM person should respond here soon - do you have alternatives lined up - you can leave VM with no exit charges if they are unable to connect you in the new home

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

A very common situation I'm afraid. Read this forum to see how long this can take. But keep notes of all promises from VM because you should be entitled to some compensation. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, jacksmelt.
Thanks for taking the time to join our help forums and for your first post here, a warm welcome to the VM community! 🙂

We're sorry to hear of the issues you've faced with your install delays experienced after your house move recently, we'd love to see how to best help out.

As we mainly deal with active customers over the forums we'd be unable to assist with any external work pending completion for you over the forums, however we could raise a complaint for you due to the delays and rescheduling if this has not been done yet and pass it across to our Pre-Installs team to resolve.

We'd normally move an install visit if we got more work to complete (cabling), can we ask if the appointment being moved is your install appointment or other external work to be completed so we can go ahead with the install, in this case? 
Could you kindly confirm the date of your install appointment that's currently booked?

Please, share more and we're eager to support you in the best way we can.
Regards,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Our install date is currently the 20th November. Which was moved from the 8th, which was previously moved 3 times before. We had a site survey 2 weeks(ish) ago where the guy had said to us that the install inside the property could be done and then that the external work would be completed 24hrs later and he had also stated that there is no reason for this work to not already of been completed. What I don’t understand is why such a big company at this point, don’t have their own engineers come out and do the external work and the fact you have no direct contact line for VM customers to contact about when cabling outside will actually be done, as all you get told when phoning up will be “today” even if you ring up at 6pm at night. 

I have tried 4 times to put a complaint in but no one has provided me with a case reference. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

VM use whatever external contractors they can find in each area that will do a cheap job, and once they have issued them with an installation they leave them to get on with it. These contractors usually work for other big firms so they can juggle the work to suit themselves. It would cost VM money to keep chasing them so they don't bother.

As for complaints, it's a waste of time because they are dealt with internally and are usually just brushed off with some meaningless phrase. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

It’s clear above, where in the original post says “did a home move” meaning existing customer who moved house. 

Jonny-M
Fibre optic

An existing customer moving house and being told that the service would be moved by that date means VM owe the loss of service credit for every day that the move hasn't been completed, currently this is £9.33 per day.

Thank you for this information i will make sure to calculate for the correct amount of compensation. 

The main issue is all I want is for my internet to be installed and no one seems willing to help

Hi Jacksmelt, 

Thanks for your reply on this subject, we are sorry to hear your installation has been delayed again due to the pre-pull not being done in time. 

This is something we're tackling on a daily basis and we appreciate your frustration with the delay. 

I have gone ahead and emailed the local Area Field Managers in your area and will await their reply, I will update you as and when I have any new information about your current delay.

Once again, we are sorry for the delay and the frustration this is causing, I will send you a PM now so that I can raise a complaint for you.

Thanks,

Megan_L