Menu
Eamonn15
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Pre pull and install continuous delay

Hi there,

I’m new to virgin and signed up mid-late August as I was moving to a new build house. The tele-sales individual came to the property took pictures and said digging would be need to get us connected. He said we would be live by the 1st of September (our move in date). Happy with this I signed to which I then got a live date of the 5th. Slightly annoying but that’s not the main issue.

I had two dates on my account (one for pre pull and the Other for install) and watched pre pull change everyday to present day. On the 4th the Virgin engineers for the install arrived to state the obvious “we can’t get you set up as the pre pull hasn’t been done”.

9 Calls to customer service and pre pull desk and they all repeat the same thing “sorry”, “we understand“ and “the pre pull date isn’t exact but will happen before install date”. 

after giving them benefit of the doubt I waited till the 5th. Nothing. I called no response. 2 days later I called and someone informed me that my dates have been pushed to the 22nd (install). After several calls I had been informed that a permit request needs to be submitted and approved by the council and it will be done by the 10th of September.

Today I have called and there is no update and recurring apologies. They have informed me that no third party engineer has been assigned to my property? 

there are just so many mixed messages and chasing up where I have to re-explain to customer service. I’ve had no internet for 11 days and won’t have internet for another 11 days (if peepul happens but not holding my breath) and had promises made and not followed up on with adequate explanations. 

what needs to be done to get a clear understanding of what is going or do I just cancel and get a ADSL line?

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pre pull and install continuous delay

where does the digging need to take place - if its within your property line then no permit is required - if its on the pavement or road then permission is required - its not like planning permission more a permit - as a new build it may be that that will not be allowed as there can be conditions to digging roads or pavements unless there is an emergency - if it is allowed then council permits usually take 6 weeks or more

if the pre pull has not been attempted i am puzzled how they know there is a problem - do you have an access point on the pavement outside your property - if not then it may be as simple as adding one but again a permit would be needed i think

as a new build is the builder still on site - they may know more and certainly worth a chat - you might get some info from the council again thats worth trying 

Tony
Eamonn15
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pre pull and install continuous delay

Hi Tony,

thanks for your response. Work needs to be carried out from the street into the property. We showed the tele sales guy who performed the surgery where to dig and marked the points. 

I think there is an access point close by as one of our neighbours has a virgin connection. The builder is actually my neighbour, he built a house on his property (next door) so has been helping me with highlighting the install routes etc.

If I call the council will they let me know the status of the permit if there is one? 

if it takes 6 weeks (due to permit) realistically then my install dates are incorrect? Just trying to do damage control as working from home.

thanks!

0 Kudos