Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre installation

Joining in


we informed virgin media a month before moving house that we wanted to take the broadband with us. Fast track to just before our move date 25th March and we received a message to say it’s not possible to connect as pre installation work needs to be carried out and will now be installed 26th April. I had a call on Tuesday from a lady at VM to say all is well, the work has been done and are we good to keep the date. I, of course, said yes. Today I’ve received a text message to say more pre installation work needs doing and installation will now be 3rd June. 
I’ve tried ringing VM but they transfer me from department to department and then cut me off. I’m really disappointed as we’ve had them for the last 14 years. I see from other peoples posts some have been waiting a year! This is not an option. I’m assuming as the service is not being provided as they agreed I’m within my right to cancel the contract? I need internet for myself and my husband to work and my kids homework, and a dongle is just doing it for us. Please advise. 
Many thanks


Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Bishop161,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your new account installation, have the team advised what work is required to be carried out?

Kind Regards,


Hi Steven

Thanks, no they were unable to advise over the phone and then I got cut off. Have not had enough time to ring back yet. I tried the WhatsApp chat and the agent said he couldn’t help and I needed to ring the dedicated pre install team. 
Might be helpful if proper notes were left on our account. I’m afraid I’ll be asking to cancel as have now engaged with a different internet provider who can instal tomorrow! 

Hi @Bishop161

Thank you for your response. We're sorry to hear you intend to leave us 😔

We'd certainly suggest speaking to the pre-install cancellations team on 0345 454 1111 (Option three followed by option one).

They'll certainly be able to provide clarity on whether there's anything we can do to bring the installation forward at this stage.

Please keep us posted on how you're getting on.