Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Pre installation visit

Will I be notified in advance of when the Pre instal will happen?

On ‘track my order’ the date just shows the current date and refreshes everyday.  I’ve got an installation date of Tuesday 3rd November and it would be reassuring to know that any external cabling will be done before then!  My concern isn’t so much that the instal date might get delayed but that I’m porting my phone number from BT and they are cancelling my line on the 3rd having been notified by VM and don’t want to be left without broadband!  I’m switching to get faster broadband not loose it altogether.

I’ve tried asking on the phone and by chat and the responses really didn’t inspire me with confidence.  Surely the pre instal team must get their work scheduled in advance and someone can see their schedule to tell me if and when I’m booked in?

Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pre installation visit

Yes, your booked in sometime between now and the 3rd November, so the date will keep rolling over until it's complete, but that might be cancelled if they find any blockages, in which case your installation date will be changed. 

You will however normally get a text to say when they are coming out closer to the time (normally within 24 hours) and stating that you don't need to be at home. You'll also be told if the work wasn't completed.

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Same issue here. My pre-setup date refreshes every day. I created a post in the forums. Didn't get any answer yet. 

Good luck with VM

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi bahadirguven,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry for any confusion around your pre set up date, as advised this date can keep changing until the actual install date is confirmed, this can happen when construction work is needed, I can see you preinstall has now been completed.

Regards

Paul. 

0 Kudos