forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
naboo
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Pre installation questions

I am supposed to be having a full tv phone and broadband installation on tue 11th Aug and I am switching over from Sky which I have cancelled the tv side of sky for 21 Aug but left the Sky phone and broadband open as i want to keep the same number and I have been advised this is the correct thing to do.

I have not had virgin before so pretty sure there is no virgin cabelling to the property

I do not seem to have had a pre install visit where this cable work is done before the setup on 11 Aug

This is concerning me as I keep reading about this happening to others and then the install cannot proceed 

I have had to have a day of work for this install so I do not want anything to go wrong

I also cannot seem to sign up for an account to see if there is any information there even though I have an account number and area code

I have tried to ring a number i have been given for pre installation but cannot get through

Can anyone assist please

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pre installation questions

If it's a straight forward installation you don't need a pre install visit. It also doesn't guarantee things will go smoothly. Personally if you don't want days off work for no reason I'd wait until you see the cable on your property before booking a day off . Still no guarantee the engineer will actually turn up but much more likely. 

0 Kudos
naboo
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

on chat at the moment and i am being told the property is "already assured a serviceable location" and "after account has been checked "prepull will be done before 11th Aug and i will go live on the 11th between 8am - 12pm"

I have to book time off well in advance and as I signed up a few weeks ago that should be notice enough for Virgin to do what they said they would do on the date they have told me

Also had a text this morning confirming installation date and I will be being connected on that date and is everything ok, yes or no

I replied no and then got a reply telling me "No worries we will give you a call before your date to get everything sorted" so I will await this call

Would be nice to see what is listed on my account but for some reason I cannot register for an account, I have tried several times and it gets as far as the child safe virus safe page where I can turn on/off but then when I continue, register just does not happen

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'd ignore pretty much everything customer services say to you regarding install as they've no idea. Until someone tries to poke a wire in the hole underneath the pavement they don't know what's down there. It could be fine and it'll be done on the day they say or you could be waiting 8 weeks. Nobody knows until they try so nothing is guaranteed. Once you have the cable however things are pretty plain sailing. 

0 Kudos
naboo
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I will not be waiting 8 weeks that's for sure

if there is an issue then I should have had a pre install visit to check if there may be

If it is not installed on 11th as agreed I will be cancelling and sticking with Sky and the pretty good offer they gave me to stay which is open until my cancellation date

0 Kudos