Menu
JAK92
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Pre-installation query

Hi Andy,

Did they come and do the cable work prior to install date? I'm in similar boat to you after reading your post and another post you did a few weeks after this one regarding engineer visit. My install date is next week and no one as yet has come and did any work outside the house we do have the black box thing outside our house I wondered if that's the work that needs to be done. Just wanted to check what happened with you in the end so I'm prepared! 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

0 Kudos
AndyCom
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pre-installation query

The engineer came about 2 - 3 days before the installation date and did some work in the green box in the street. Its just opposite our house so we spotted the engineer when he was doing work. He advised that most of the work can be done remotely. Then the engineer came to the house as arranged and set everything up. Hope you have similar experience

0 Kudos
JAK92
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pre-installation query

Fingers crossed. So did the engineer on install date have to do the cabling under ground to the house and then fit a brown box on the house? As I was under the impression that needed to be done first by external team. Seems really odd as we've had nothing from what I'm aware of and we don't have those brown boxes you see on outside of property 

0 Kudos