Menu
Mikestachtou
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Pre installation issues/ huge delays

Well, I had an offer from virgin media in december just for broadband and I got it. It seemed fair enough to me and since I was moving in another property on the 11th of January i needed the broadband as soon as possible. I managed to get a engineer on the 19th of January. 

On the 11th I received a text message reading that the outside work was done.

On the 19th the reluctant engineer shows up on time and says that the outside work was done in the property next door and he was refusing to pull a cable under the yard in order to reach my door. He called his manager and I was told that the cable pullers would come and relocate the box and that he would come back later to set up everything. Nothing of that happened besides the fact the the cable pullers just came and picked up the box and left.

I started calling the pre installation team trying to get another appointment on the next day. They said they could send someone to do the outside work on the 20th and the engineer would come on the 21st. I was happy at the moment however on the 20th no one showed up even though I spoke to 5 different people and every single one of them ensured me that someone would come to do the work.

On the 21st still no one shows up. I call again the pre installation team and they said that the issue was escalated to the area field manager and unfortunately they wouldn't do the outside work on the day but they offered me a temporary connection until everything is done properly. 

The engineer shows up on time again and he was asking me where  is the box so he could bring the cables in the flat. I explained the situation and what the area field manager said to his team however the engineer said that virgin media don't do temporary connections. He laughed and he said that I was lied by the pre installation team.

I called again the pre installation team to get an answer on when I should expect to have wifi in my place. The virgin media associate on the phone was saying again and again that there is nothing they could do about it... and I was asking her if they can eventually provide their services to me or should I cancel. At the end after I was told that all the managers /supervisors are on a meeting she said that I could cancel if I wanted to.

After that, she put me on hold and she hanged up the phone. I called again, I spoke with another team member and she said that the issue is escalated already to two managers but it would take up to 48 hours to hear back from them regarding the pre installation process. 

Still nothing, 12 days without wifi access and no updates. My questions are very simple:

1. Why is this happening?

2. Why is it so difficult to prioritize tasks?

3. Why is there lack of communication and lie to the customers?

4. When I should be able to be up and running? Should I cancel? 

Thank you in advance and I'm sorry for the long story but that's an idea of my life since I moved in the new property.

0 Kudos
ChrisB007
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pre installation issues/ huge delays

Hiya,

This is very common in my experience. I've been waiting since September to get connected and despite an official complaint, which was made early December and a promise of escalation to area manager - mid December I have heard nothing..

I am now in my fifth month of waiting..

i say cancel !

Mikestachtou
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for taking the time to read. I'll wait until tomorrow as they've promised that the area manager will call me within 48 hours. If not I'll call them tomorrow to cancel. I have a BT socket at home so it's pretty obvious where I'll go in order to speed things up. I guess virgin don't care about customers. Sad but true. 

0 Kudos
Mikestachtou
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@forum_team, @Megan_L could you please advise? I don't think it's a big deal. The virgin media cable is literally by the door. All I need is the external work (box) to be installed.

0 Kudos