Menu
samvmcustomer
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Pre installation delay and kept out the dark

Hello,

I was told my fibre optic m200 broadband was going to be installed on the 27/3/21. Its now been 4 weeks and i haven't heard anything from VM about the delay. I've contacted VM 3 times now at 2 week intervals and ive just been told to try again in 2 weeks because 'the delay might be caused by council permission'. When can i actually expect my internet to be installed? Ive been told also that i will get my activation fee waived, and credit to cover my current out of contract payments to my previous internet provider. As well as this, there is a separate ofcom fee of £5 a day - this is likely to be a substantial amount of money given the delay of 4 weeks...until who knows when - is it even likely that i'll receive such a large compensation?

My acc number is [DELETED] and my area number is 26 - id really really appreciate if a mod could help me out and help determine if my issue has even been raised with workers in the area because ive had zero communications and update since when i first reported the problem 4 weeks ago?!

Kind regards,

Sam

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pre installation delay and kept out the dark

As soon as you mention council planning permission the typical delay is 8 weeks. Since that's also nothing to do with VM, it's unlikely you'll see any compensation, apart from maybe the activation fee being waived.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi samvmcustomer

Thanks for posting. My apologies for the install delay.

I've checked the system today and can see you spoke to the team regarding this yesterday after posting and we've advised it is construction work needed, from the original discovery of the construction it's a new tee needed to be installed so will be with the relevant team now who will contact when there are any updates.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
samvmcustomer
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi John, thanks for replying. 

That's what I want to know, what are the updates?

I've had no further updates since I first reported the engineer not coming to install my broadband on the 27th March, how long do I wait for an update or when the next step happens? 

Also what's a tee and what's the standard wait time for something like that to be installed? 

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

Thanks for replying to us so promptly. 

From taking a look at your account, it doesn't say a specific date which I can only imagine how frustrating this must be for you. But regrettably I don't have this information right now I am so sorry. 

A tee is just a grid that is part of the network used for outside the house. 

This ensures that your everything runs smoothly in your house and everything can connect properly. I appreciate this isn't ideal and I am very sorry but I will update you as soon as possible when I get a date for you if that's okay? 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
samvmcustomer
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

HI Sasha, 

Thanks for clarifying that! OK thank you I'll wait and see what happens! 

Kind regards 

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If you ever want an update, please feel free to post back on here and I am more than happy to give you an update. 

We want to make sure everything runs smoothly so please do let me know if there are any issues. 

Have a lovely weekend. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos