cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-installation before official moving date?

sammanu
Tuning in

Good afternoon,

I'm currently in the process of moving, we're close to getting our move in date but was confused about when to contact the pre-installation team. I've checked the address that I'm moving to and virgin media services can be installed but I need a cable from the street to the address fitted.

Do I have to wait until I get an official move in date before going ahead with the pre-install team to correctly identify if I can have the services or not? As the sale on both sides is a no chain move so my move in date could be incredibly short notice.

(I've also tried using the "Book a move" webpage on here but it doesn't do anything)

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey sammanu, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community.

Okay what you are going to need to do is contact the movers team and explain this to them they will then get the ball rolling.

If the house does require a cable this can take sometimes anywhere between 4 - 6 weeks as we would need to contact the council for planning permission. 

They can be contacted on 0345 454 1111 and are open until 8PM tonight. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey sammanu, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community.

Okay what you are going to need to do is contact the movers team and explain this to them they will then get the ball rolling.

If the house does require a cable this can take sometimes anywhere between 4 - 6 weeks as we would need to contact the council for planning permission. 

They can be contacted on 0345 454 1111 and are open until 8PM tonight. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?