cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre install

Waqasb
Tuning in

Was promised to get my broadband up and running on the 17th of January 2023. Got a text message a day before saying we are delaying it until 21st feb.  These are brand new lines that have been installed in my area. I’ve seen and spoken to pre install team. Saw them pulling the wires at the port outside my property. Still delaying it and now a surveyor came a week ago and said everything is done all that needs to be done is the fiber box installed outside my house with the cabling too.  Daily reschedule of pre install work on my virgin app. Can’t get a straight answer from anyone. I am running without broadband at my house due to the promise and miss leading by virgin and I had cancelled my broadband. Pre install called me twice. Ringing my phone for one bell and when I call back no notes on the system. Shambles. 
spoke to another virgin engineer outside my house who’s doing work to another house. Said to me they ordered it a week after me and has already got the inside installation work completed. This is getting ridiculous and I just want a simple answer.  I’m not waiting any longer for some broadband to be installed 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Did he not mention the green cable is initially an empty green plastic tube for a blown fibre.

VM ( or their contractors ) extent that tube to the wall of your house and then blow a fibre from the street cabinet to the house.

It is a quite a neat process.  Here is a bit of the micro fibre tube left over from our RFoG install, it is small but very tough.

IMG_1350.JPG

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Legend

Did you see large drums of green cables being installed into the ground ?

If you did - those are empty tubes.

Perhaps they come to a hatch like these ...

Client62_1-1674067356953.png

The engineer opened the lid to those and there was green cable already inside. He goes that side of the work has been completed just the install from their to my house needs to be done

Did he not mention the green cable is initially an empty green plastic tube for a blown fibre.

VM ( or their contractors ) extent that tube to the wall of your house and then blow a fibre from the street cabinet to the house.

It is a quite a neat process.  Here is a bit of the micro fibre tube left over from our RFoG install, it is small but very tough.

IMG_1350.JPG

When opening the cover there was a small green wire. Same as the pic you have shown. He said they need to connect that with the small box on my house which they have not even done yet. Which I’ve been waiting for 

Hi Waqasb, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I can see that this is being looked into by Paulina via PM and she will aim to resolve this for you. 

Kind regards, Chris.