cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre install

Beardie1
Joining in

I ordered broadband and TV on 9/6/22 and my pull through and brown box were fitted after a few delays on 21/7/22. The problem is that the pre install team do not recognise that this work has been completed. After numerous phone calls on my part a surveyor came out to check the work on 27/7/22 and confirmed to me that everything was in order. Since then it has been like Groundhog Day with daily appointments for people who do not appear and lengthy telephone calls with the unhelpful pre instal team.

The pre instal team insist that the external work has still to be completed as it has not been signed off on their system but cannot tell me what the work consists of. They will not let me speak to a manager or send someone else out to verify that the work has been done. As a result they will not bring forward my current internal installation date of 17/8/22 and even this date will be in doubt if the system continues to show that external work first needs to be done. 

From my perspective it appears to be simply that someone somewhere has not yet pressed the necessary button to progress matters but conveying this to the pre install team and getting anything done is like hitting your head against a brick wall daily. I have raised a formal complaint but get passed from pillar to post when I try to speak to anyone about it. Help please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Beardie1, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to hear about the pre installation being delayed.

These types of jobs can get delayed for reasons such as planning permission which is out of our control.

However I would like to look into this and get to the bottom of it.

I am going to send you a PM, please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Beardie1, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to hear about the pre installation being delayed.

These types of jobs can get delayed for reasons such as planning permission which is out of our control.

However I would like to look into this and get to the bottom of it.

I am going to send you a PM, please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?