Menu
Cisaac
Tuning in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Pre install works

Hi, 

I was wondering if there is any way to check if the survey and pre install works have been completed before my in house install goes ahead.

I'm just a bit concerned that I havent seen any work being done out side and haven't had any contact about any survey and my install date is supposed to be this Saturday.

Like most people im working from home so can't be without Internet 

0 Kudos
elbowloh
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pre install works

I've had the preinstall team come out twice, i've had the engineers come out twice and I still haven't had the preinstall done nor the router install!
0 Kudos
Cisaac
Tuning in
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, im very nervous about this....

0 Kudos
Gibbo205
Joining in
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Same issue myself, the pre works team just arrive and drive off, like they do not care. Then engineers come and simply cannot get us up and running as the pre work team still did not lay the cable.

0 Kudos
elbowloh
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Just got through on the online chat after trying since Monday. the cable pull is happening on the 12th and they cant do the home install until the 21st!

It was supposed to be done by the 7th.
0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

If you cannot afford to be without internet then don't depend on something that might or might not happen. If you don't have a cable coming into your property there is a chance that a problem may occur and leave you without internet. Overlapping your broadband provider is a small price to pay to enable you to work from home. 

0 Kudos
Cisaac
Tuning in
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, I have overlapped a bit, im not going to say by how much as I dont want them to rely on that.

I just find the lack of communication and updates very poor. I've sent a live chat 3 days ago, no response, I've tried to call with no luck. I understand the current situation with less people working, but they would have less workload if customers weren't having to chase updates that can only come from their side

0 Kudos
Cisaac
Tuning in
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Plus it shouldn't really be a matter of might or might not happen. If you have an install date booked it is their responsibility to meet that, its their jobs. I shouldn't have to second guess an appointment they have given me

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@Cisaac wrote:

Plus it shouldn't really be a matter of might or might not happen. If you have an install date booked it is their responsibility to meet that, its their jobs. I shouldn't have to second guess an appointment they have given me

Even though it clearly states at the time of booking that any dates given are estimated dates only subject to change ? 

If they find a blockage between the cabinet and your property whilst attempting to install for example, it can be expected to have upto a 8 week delay. There's nothing they can do about this. 

0 Kudos
Cisaac
Tuning in
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Yep understand there can be delays, but again its just the lack of communication. I would of thought there would be some contact by now given that my install is 2 days away,  even if it is to confirm the work has been done and everything is ready for the next part. Does that happen? Should it of happened by now? It just feels you are given the tiniest amount of info so they don't have anything to be held to

0 Kudos