Menu
tinytech
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Pre install construction work

5 years ago I tried to get Virgin installed and they cancelled 20 minutes before because extra work was needed outside the property. I was so angry having given up a days work I went with someone else.

I decided to try again and when talking to the sales man explained everything that had happened and he set a date for the engineer to visit on the 22/10/2020 Oct. He came out 22nd said pre installation work need and road needed to be closed for a couple of hours and dug up to lay the cable. Then if all ok, the install booked for 14/11/2020 could happen. 

On 10/11/202 I rang Virgin as no work had been done outside. They said there were no notes on my account of an engineers visit saying the road needed to be dug up!!  and eventually transferred to installation team who assured me they would be digging up on 12/11/2020 and installation would take place on the 14th. They said I would get £25 off my first bill. 

Just after 6 on 12/11/202 when no one had come to dig up the road I rang them. I had been trying to keep the space alongside my wall clear as people park right alongside it (no pavement) Itself a problem. They said they would be digging up on the 12 November and they work till 8pm so it will happen and the install is set for 14th Nov. They said if no one comes ring us tomorrow.  No one came. But I did get text to confirm no covid ect re install on 14th. 

On 14/11 another text to tell me they weren't coming as pre install needed. Did online chat after waiting in phone line for over 40 minutes. They said new install date 6th December which by the end of the day was 16th Dec.

On 29/11/2020 I rang to say no pre install work had been done could they check to make sure it was going to take place and if so when. he said I would get confirmation a few days before but it was due to be carried out on 10/12/2020 with the install on 16/12/2020.

Today 10/12/2020 at 16.49 I got a text to say the installation is 'on hold due to extra work outside being required to complete the install. It said if I wanted to know more text CHAT. I did and got no response - probably would have being talking to one of the robots that can't actually answer your questions again. So I rang them 44 minutes before talking to someone going through the security checks and after a while being transferred to Install team. Another 13 minutes waiting to find there was no answer to when, or if, pre install construction work or installation would be done. I was put on hold and the cut off but the nice lady rang back to say she would get an engineer to ring me as she was not allowed to put me through to that team, then she said hold the line while I just update your record, please hold the line I did and then got cut off. 

I asked them to be honest, I know I am not an easy terraced house install, nor do I want all the TV packages etc (only the sim which I got in October and of course still cant use) where they can make more money so were all these tactics in the hope I will go away again, of course they said not at all and we will get this sorted. 

Can anyone tell me whether I am likely to be connected ever?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pre install construction work

Hello

If any physical construction needs to be done, i.e. digging up of a road / footpath then Virginmedia needs to get permission from the local council and this is where the delay is as that permission can take between 6-8 weeks normally.

The best team to speak to would be The Pre-installation and delivery team are on:- 0800 052 1734 

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
tinytech
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pre install construction work

Thank you for your response. I know permission has to be sorted which is why I have been checking the council road closures and have been contacting virgin to say it hasn't been done but they just ignore it and then sent apology texts. It is really frustrating as I am doing everything I can to help the process. I spoke to the pre install team last night who couldn't tell me anything except my install is on now on hold. Their tracking systems need sorting and customer service improving but I guess they don't care about the customer just the money.
0 Kudos