Menu
PColl60
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Pre Site Visit

Good evening 

We signed up for VirginMedia Broadband on Tuesday 4 May. The installation is due to take place on Tuesday 1 June 2020.

As part of the booking we requested a Pre Site Visit to discuss the installation which was booked for Wednesday 5 May between 1pm and 6pm. No Engineer attended. I phoned customer services after 6pm and after a lengthy wait and conversation the Visit was rearranged for today Friday 7 May during the same time. No one attended again.This is not a great start to the relationship with VirginMedia.

Your comments are welcomed 

Regards 

Patrick

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pre Site Visit

Hi there @PColl60 

Thank you so much for your post to our Community Forums and welcome, it's great to have you here! 

I'm so sorry to hear you are facing this issue with your installations appointments. I've been unable to locate your account from your forums details, can I ask if you have been given any explanation as to why this appointment was missed? 

Thank you. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
PColl60
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ash

thanks for your prompt response.

No one gave me an explanation as to why the appointment on the 5 May was missed but in a conversation with the Sales Team yesterday it would appear that although I was advised that the visit would take place on Friday 7 May, it was in fact booked for the 31 May. Yes it is strange how far apart the two dates are.

There was some further development yesterday whereby an Area Field Manager is booked to visit this Friday 14 May to discuss our installation and the normal £35 installation fee has been waived.

I will have to wait until Friday to see if the visit takes place. All in all not the greatest start to our relationship with VirginMedia.

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No problem @PColl60 thank you so much for your response and I am so sorry to see this has happened. I can understand how frustrating and disappointing it is, especially as a new customer. 

I know you have your appointment for this Friday, would you be able to post back to this page afterwards to let us know the outcome? 

Thank you very much. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
PColl60
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ash

Thanks for the response. 

I will let you know how the appointment goes 

Kind regards 

Patrick

0 Kudos
PColl60
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ash

Just to state that no one attended on Friday 14 May 2021 and no explanation was given. Looking at the details on Orders and Appointments the appointments are on a rolling schedule so Friday’s appointment has been rescheduled to today Saturday 15 May and also Monday 17 May. I am not holding my breath as to any success in having this appointment honoured any time soon.

Best wishes 

Patrick

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear the appointment didn't go ahead as expected again Patrick. 

I'd like to take a look and see what we can do to help - please look out for my PM (the purple envelope) so we can confirm your account details and we'll be able to look into this for you.

Tom 

0 Kudos