Menu
SK10
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Pre Pull Delays

Hi,

After ordering the service I was provided with an installation date of 10th June. However, no one advised that pre-pull was needed until some people showed up and advised there is no duct underneath and requires full dig up of the street. 

Received a call this morning to advised the service will be installed on 25th and the guy on phone assured the digging would be done on 18th June. Looking over few post within the community I can see the date offered are often pushed back weeks due to delays. I have contacted the pre-install team who has no idea if the digging up the road will go ahead.

I want to contact the people who deals with arranging the service directly but no idea where to start from. Any one been on same situation on who to contact apart from pre-installation people at virgin.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pre Pull Delays

Hi I'm afraid there are many posts like this, the fact is that even virgin won't know because it's carried out by contractors who don't work directly for them, also there is the complication of local council permits who never do anything at speed. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
SK10
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have seen this issue is very common with Virgin and multiple dealys. The service was ordered on 21st May and its the installation date is still not confirmed. I am thinking of just cancelling the service and go with BT now.

I am currently WFH and using hotspot is not ideal. Anyone from VM team could look into this matter?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon SK10 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for your post. 

We are sorry to hear that you have had some issues with getting your services installed. 

As others have advised, whilst we would like to be to 100% guarantee that this will go ahead, unfortunately sometimes its out of our hands as things such as council permits could delay this. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos
SK10
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zak_M,

Any chances could you check if the pre-pull installation is going ahead on 18th June or not please. If this isn't going ahead I will order from another provider.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi SK10, I can check for you. I'll send you a private message to confirm your account details.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's planned for the 18th is about all you are going to get. It could be delayed however by the council, a contractor, or because other issues are found on the day. Unfortunately there's no guarantee. 

0 Kudos