cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre Installed?

Cameron121
On our wavelength

Hello,

We are looking at moving from sky over to virgin media and I wondered how we can check if virgin media already have duct work up to our house?

The property was built in 2000 but there are none of the usual black plastic boxes/cable tees in the footways at the end of the drives etc. 

If we have to incur the hassle of having the drive dug up/garden etc we will just stay with sky despite them being more expensive to save the aggravation. 

I know some properties were built with ducting already installed so virgin could just pull a cable but I'm not sure how to identify if this applies to our house without actually signing up and going through the motions. 

Anyone know of a way to check?

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5

Martyn
Up to speed

are you able to order Virgin? the best thing to do is just setup an order/installation, that'll tell you everything, if work needs to happen, they will tell you, and you can cancel any time.

Connection: Virgin FTTP Gig2 (XGSPON)

VM-Jon
Problem sorter

Hi @Cameron121 

thank you for reaching out to us here, it’s great that you’re considering joining us. I’m more than happy to take a look at this for you and see if I can give you a bit more information. I will send you a private message for the address so we can take a look. 

thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Look for these on the front walls of other houses roundabout. If there are none you are not in a VM area.

Left HFC. Right RFoG.Left HFC. Right RFoG.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Just to update this thread.

Jon (Forum Mod) was very helpful and managed to confirm we had ducting in place. 

Ahead of our installation, today two VM chaps turned up who located the duct work and then appeared to be blowing air through the duct work (may be my naivity). 

The chaps left an hour or so later with no update on what they had done. We now have the green ducting sticking out by the front door.

Guessing everything is ok but we will see what happens come installation day. 

Cheers,

Cam 

Hi Cam,

Thanks for your post, I'm pleased to hear that Jon was able to help you out with this. 

Looking from here, I can see that you do have another appointment booked in for pre-works before your installation goes ahead. I'll pop you over a private message now so I can discuss this further with you.

If you're using a desktop version of the Community Forums, you'll be able to find my message at the white envelope in the top right. If on a mobile device, you can access your messages by clicking on your profile picture and going to 'messages'.

Thanks!

Beth