cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Installation Survey

NW10Scouse
Joining in

Hello, 

Is there a number to contact the Pre-Installation team?

BACKGROUND 

I subscribed to Virgin Media on 28th July for an installation on the 11th September.  During the subscription process, I discussed the placement of the virgin boxes and how the cables would be run and was told by the advisor that these would be sorted out during the Pre-Installation visit which the agent arranged for 31st July. The visit never took place. I contacted Virgin Media and was told that the engineer would not need to enter the house and any survey would be done externally. I queried how an engineer would be able to identify where I want my boxes and where cables could be run without talking to me or entering the premises and unsurprisingly, the advisor could not answer that. After being redirected several times to the 'moving house' department the line cut off - around 45 minutes of me being on the line.

I have to say, if this is the customer service I can expect from Virin Media, I may need to reconsider signing up.

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tech_Ben
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello,

It all depends on which pre-installation survey was attached to your account. A tech can be assigned one of two checks depending on previous installed services. If there hasn't been any services to the property or if there hasn't been a connected service in a long period of time then a tech will be sent out to do an external survey to make sure that we can have services to the property. If there isn't any sign that the property has had it previously or over time has been ripped out they will check to see if we have the external duct work already in place, and if this is a fail then arrange the construction needed for this. This visit you wouldn't see the engineer necessarily as it is all external work. 

The other is a 10 minute visit where the engineer will find out where you want the boxes and then explain how the cabling will work to get each box wired as needed etc. they then put this on notes hopefully to pass on to the install tech.

I will send you a PM to gather a few details off of you to investigate which it was so look for that.  

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Tech_Ben
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello,

It all depends on which pre-installation survey was attached to your account. A tech can be assigned one of two checks depending on previous installed services. If there hasn't been any services to the property or if there hasn't been a connected service in a long period of time then a tech will be sent out to do an external survey to make sure that we can have services to the property. If there isn't any sign that the property has had it previously or over time has been ripped out they will check to see if we have the external duct work already in place, and if this is a fail then arrange the construction needed for this. This visit you wouldn't see the engineer necessarily as it is all external work. 

The other is a 10 minute visit where the engineer will find out where you want the boxes and then explain how the cabling will work to get each box wired as needed etc. they then put this on notes hopefully to pass on to the install tech.

I will send you a PM to gather a few details off of you to investigate which it was so look for that.  

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Many Thanks for the prompt reply Ben. I'll look out for your PM and respond.

Regards