Menu
Revilo2
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Pre-Installation Delays

Hi, 

I have had two installation dates from Virgin cancelled with less than 24 hours notice. The first cancellation I was not given a reason as to why, and the second, which was cancelled on Friday, 7.5.21, was cancelled because: "Someone from the pre-installation team came and decided the work could not be done to fulfil the engineer installation on Saturday, 8.5.21". The date has again been pushed back until 24.5.21. The first and next date are both week days meaning I have to be at home, making me take annual leave as I cannot work from home. How can I be sure that I am not going to be wasting my annual leave by Virgin cancelling on me with such short notice again?

I have contacted Virgin multiple times, have been told the installation would 100% go ahead on 8.5.21 (I have this in writing) and it did not. This is to say the least, incredibly disappointing. 

What makes the situation more frustrating is that I do not have/barely have any phone signal at home meaning myself and my partner cannot work from home - leading to unnecessary costs for our commute. We are not bothered about the compensation from Virgin, we want the services installed so we can pay Virgin for the internet so we can work at home and save ourselves money in travel. Having internet installed means we would save £400 a month.

We have not been given a date as to when the pre-work team is going to come, we don't really want to cancel but if there is no progress by the end of this week then we will have to seek an alternative provider which we don't want to do because no-one else offers fibre. 

Is there any way in which I can: 1) Find out more information as to what is causing the hold-up 2) Speed up the pre-pull process?

Thanks in advance for the help. Acc number: [REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Revilo2
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pre-Installation Delays

bump

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Revilo2,

Thank you for getting in touch, and welcome to the Community Forum! I'm really sorry that you've had so many problems with your installation.

I've been able to locate your account using your Forum details, and I can see that you spoke with a member of our team today. Were they able to help you with this problem? Please let me know if you're still having issues, and I can look into this for you.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Revilo2
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Laurie, 

Yes I made contact today but it was not very helpful. I called on Monday and was said I would receive a reply within 48hrs via email from the area manager to help clarify the issue. This did not happen hence why contact was made again today. 

The call today was not helpful, I was again told to wait 48hrs for another reply - of which I am not optimistic of receiving and that the pre-work which is scheduled for the 17th 'should hopefully happen'. I was not filled with confidence. 

Some transparency from Virgin and a full explanation of the problem would be great. I have been told that pre-work is earmarked for the 17th but then installation in the 24th. The 24th is a week day meaning I am going to have to take another day off work for Virgin to potentially cancel last minute. 

Once the pre-work is completed I am happy to take time off as I know our services are probably going to be installed - if it could be moved to the weekend or as close to the pre-work being completed that would be great but Virgin are unwilling to move the engineer date at the moment.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Revilo2,

Thank you for getting back to me. Once again, I am really sorry for the difficulties that you're having with this.

I'll just need to confirm some details with you via Private Message to discuss this issue further. Please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Revilo2
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just replied to you.
0 Kudos