Menu
vvernon
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Pre-Install Team never turning up and delaying it

Hello,

I am absolutely distressed by this situation. 

We were told that our new property has an active VM line and therefore we just need to move into the property and have an engineer to come and do the internal work. The engineer arrived on 21st September and said there was no active line and we had to wait for the pre-install team.

I called the team and they told me  I had to wait until 14th OCTOBER (3 weeks away) for the install - I was furious. We have a medical student, a university student, 2 high schoolers, parents working from home and we were told to just 'make do'. Not to mention my seriously vulnerable father who is awaiting a heart transplant and requires the landline to make calls to and receive calls from the hospital. I was not having it and having spoken to someone EVERY DAY at 8am, I was able to move the preinstall to 24th September and the internal install to 30th September.

I waited ALL DAY at home on 24th for a pre-install and NOBODY TURNED UP!! I then rang up and nobody knew anything in the pre-install or installation team and allegedly wrote to the area field manager who had to reply within 24hours. I therefore rang back on the 26th and again nobody knew anything and again wrote to the AFM who allegedly was supposed to respond within 24hrs - NO RESPONSE. On 28th September, I spoke to someone who told me that DEFINTELY, he could GUARANTEE that the pre-install would be done on 28th or 29th (today) so that the internal work could be done prior to the internal work that should take place tomorrow and guess what NOBODY HAS COME. It is now 6.30pm and so I assume nobody will come now. 

This is ridiculous and I will not stand for you to delay my install date again just because your pre-install engineers can't be bothered to turn up. We are a priority case because of my father's illness and you are playing us about and fobbing me around. Nobody seems to know anything or wants to actually help! The area field managers seem to be completely fictional and so do these engineers because nobody has arrived even 6 DAYS AFTER THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO.

If, when the internal engineer arrives tomorrow he says that he can't do anything then I will have to switch to another provider who will prioritise and actually turn up because this is an actual shambles! Very distressed and disappointed.

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pre-Install Team never turning up and delaying it

Have you checked your online account? I wouldn't be surprised if your order is still the 14th October and the agent completely forgot to change it. They do things like that. 

However, you can mobile phone on a data plan for cheap enough - about £20/month, this will manage you for both calls and data in the short term. 

0 Kudos
vvernon
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Been checking every day!  The date for installation is still 30th September while the date for preinstallation was only changed today (29th September) at 3.30pm from 24th September to 29th September. 

Thanks so much! That is actually what we have been using so far but I’m not holding out any hope that this will be resolved soon - I’m honestly wondering if this will ever get sorted. 

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Well they can still do the prepull on the day, so let us know if they came. 

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vvernon, 

Thanks for using the forums to get an answer for this frustrating issue, I am so sorry that you've been through this poor experience. 

Has there been any update since you last posted here? 

Sometimes installations can be delayed for multiple reasons of which some are out of our control, we do try our best to keep the customer informed but I am sorry this wasn't the case this time. 

Please let me know how things are and if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos