cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre Install Problems

WILL14SD
Joining in

Hi, 

Has anyone found the best course of action of actually getting their Pre-install done?

My second pre-install date came and went yesterday and Virgin cannot give me any information at all regarding if it has been done or not or what is going on.

First time, I was told that it would be done prior to activation date (14th feb). On the 13th I received call saying they didn't have the correct 'council permit' to proceed. But the house is located on a private estate that hasn't been adopted by the council and I have been told by the site manager that council permits are not required. So yesterday I was working from home all day and no work men came for my 'pre-install'. 

Spoke with the pre-install team and they cannot confirm if it has been done or why. My neighbour and the house opposite me have both have virgin connected (all new builds).

Trying to work from home with a O2 dongle is providing difficult.

How can this be escalated to an area manager or to someone who will actually give me answer to the questions I ask? Not just script answers that have no relevance to my questions. 

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Re. VM’s installation process “omnishambles”- see John’s excellent precis in message 18 of this thread

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Multiple-Failed-Installations-zero-commun...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi WILL14SD

Thanks for your post 

I can see you have been in touch with the team and been given a date for the prepull since your post 

Can you please let us know how you get on 

Sorry this has happened 

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth,

Yes I have been given a 3rd pre-pull date as nobody even turned up on the previous visits, It was meant to have been done last week and I was told it is a 'rolling date' so could happen anytime last week. I work from home and have CCTV and I can confirm nobody even turned up last week. So I'm not expecting anyone to turn up again this time tbh. 

I just want a straight answer as I'm fed up of being fed constant lies. Being Guaranteed it will be done before my activation on the 1st (tomorrow) to then AGAIN get an email the weekend before stating its been moved back another 2 weeks. 

I never thought it would be this stressful just to get broadband and tv set up.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi WILL14SD

Thank you for updating the thread. 

I am very sorry for the experience you have had, this is never what we would want to happen and I appreciate this must be frustrating.

Please let us know how this progresses but in the meantime, if you wish to raise a complaint, information on that process can be found here

Thank you 

Nat