0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Power light hub 3

Possibly it means you need a new hub. There's no recognised state that involves an orange LED, and as this is also the indicator for overheating (when red), if the LED is not working properly then the hub's a bad 'un.

But before going down that route, can you do a reset of your hub?  The hub is software controlled and sometimes needs an electronic kick up the backside in this way.  Sometimes this fixes it.  If it doesn't then say so, and I (or any passing VIP user) will flag your post for the forum staff, who'll probably get a replacement hub sent out to you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Have you changed from Router Mode to Modem Mode ?

If not try a Factory reset using this exact method ...

DO NOT DO THIS if the password on the base of the Hub is not legible or missing.

Instructions for Hub 3

Disconnect all unneeded ethernet cables from the rear of the Hub.

With the Hub Powered on use a paperclip or similar (I use a mobile phone SIM Slot tool) and do a pinhole reset.

Depress the pinhole switch for a timed 60 seconds then release.

DO NOT reboot the hub but allow it 5 to 10 minutes for it to boot itself up.

Once a steady white and no other lights are illuminated check your system again.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Then

If in Router Mode the red power light is an indication of over heating and most not be ignored.

Do not be fobbed off with "if it is cool it will be OK" or "Just blow a fan over it", this is dangerous advice.

When you go out or retire for the night ensure that the Hub is unplugged from the mains.

The only fix is a replacement Hub.

You can either phone in (08:00 is the best time) or wait on here for a few days (6 to 7 days average) until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along.

If you wait on here Do Not bump the thread it will put it further down the VM 'to do list'.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi
Thanks
Tried reset, to no avail, the light is in fact now red and the top of the hub feels quite hot, never noticed that before
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New hub being sent out, thanks for your help