Menu
colin14
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Power adapter for 360 box wrong size.

Hi,  Can anybody from VM help please. The power adapter that came with my 360 box is the wrong size, the plug that should go into the back of the 360 box is too big (6mm diameter) it should be 4.5mm diameter. I contacted VM via live chat, said they would have one sent out, they sent me a remote control!

Regards,  Colin Hughes.

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Power adapter for 360 box wrong size.

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest to be honest.

You are better going down the "HUB doesn't work, no lights, please replace" route. I know you only want the power supply but asking for the entire thing to be replaced is typically simpler and likely to at least get you the correct parts (well you might get another 360 with the wrong power supply, but at least you'll get a power supply...)

0 Kudos
colin14
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Z92, It's the power adapter for the 360 tv box that is the wrong size, do you mean I should say "360 tv box doesn't work, no lights, please replace".

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sorry, yes, you just need to make it as clear as possible that it's broken and they'll send you another.

As soon as you start talking about individual parts things get confused, hence why you got a remote control. It's the most commonly requested part.

0 Kudos
colin14
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Z92.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi colin14,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Can you please confirm if we've since been able to get the cable to you and this has now resolve the issue for you? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
colin14
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi David_Bn,

Yes the issue is resolved. Molly_G replied to my post and within 2 hours Bob a VM tech arrived with the correct power adapter. Absolutely brilliant service! A big thanks to all 👍.

0 Kudos